Dear Parent / Carer,
We have had a very positive response to our survey about making next year the first GFM Year 7 Chromebook year. We hope you have had an opportunity to watch the 2020 transition video which has information about Chromebooks and also had an opportunity to read the parents handbook.
We are excited to announce that, based on the response, we are going to be running this programme. As a reminder, this is not just about buying a Chromebook but about a whole package that ensures your child will be able to use the Chromebook for every day of their learning over the next three years and also at home:
- Chromebook for Education – these devices are more robust than a standard Chromebook. Designed to be used every day and be carried in a school bag.
- Insurance – 3 years no excess accidental damage and theft insurance
- Google Education Management License – this will enable your child’s device to connect automatically, remotely locked and also have add-ons added automatically
- Warranty – 3 Year extended
- Set-up and configuration
- Protective sleeve
- Finance and Admin – 3 years and Direct Debit systems
- Hot-swap loan devices in school – if your child’s device is not working they will be lent an identical temporary device
On request we have also included a one off cost that is an identical package, but is an alternative to the 36 monthly payments.
Due to processing and placing the orders to ensure a delivery for the start of September, please complete the ordering process by Wednesday 15 July.
Please click on this link to sign up: tinyurl.com/GFM-chromebook