The Enterprise Academy
The Enterprise Academy is a separate building based on Military Road, for those students who need extra support.
By providing this level of support and alternative curriculum, students are more likely to achieve.
The students work towards accredited qualifications and develop core skills in English, Mathematics and ICT. The curriculum is based on learning skills to run a business. Local businesses are involved in mentoring and sponsoring students.
Students participate in team building activities, community projects and some of Gosport’s regeneration projects. Our mission is to ‘enable all of our students to believe that they can succeed.’
We want to:
- help young people gain personal confidence and self-esteem through taking on new challenges and achieving success.
- encourage personal qualities such as increased initiative, self-reliance, responsibility, perseverance and commitment.
- support young people to develop their self-awareness, social skills and their appreciation of others.
- help young people become aware of the environment and understand the importance of sustainable development.
- support young people developing and extending their key skills of communication, problem solving, and teamwork.
- teach young people the benefits of physical fitness and the lifelong value of participation.
- encourage young people to display an increased appetite for learning that is contributing to raised levels of attainment.
- help young people to broaden their horizons and become open to a wider range of employment opportunities.
Enterprise Academy, Military Road, Gosport, Hampshire PO12 3AF
Telephone: (023) 9252 8869