Dear Parents and Carers,
This is a really challenging time for all of us, but we are trying our best to support you and our pupils and students to continue their learning. We have been really impressed with the level of engagement from pupils and students with the resources online and we thank you for your support with this. This is a learning curve for all of us.
We recognise that we have shared a lot of resources and information over the last few days and some people have let us know that they have been unsure what to do first. To offer some clarity to this:
– Upper school pupils and sixth form students with coursework to complete should make this a priority if they can access this from home.
– Pupils and students should use their timetable as a guide to which subjects they should aim to study each day.
– Pupils and students should not feel distressed if they are not able to complete everything set; the important thing is to maintain a routine and keep up learning.
– Work is set by teachers using ‘Google Classroom’ or ‘Show My Homework’.
– Should pupils complete the work set by their teachers, additional tasks are available on the school website home page (follow the link “online learning resources for all year groups”).
– For year 11 pupils we are adding a range of resources to the same folder on our website to help prepare pupils for their next steps.
– Please include breaks, time for exercise and creativeness and opportunities for communication/collaboration with their friends and peers by phone or online. (The PE Department is setting daily challenges through their social media channels and the excellent Netflex resource is available through Google Classroom).
– Please encourage pupils to maintain their online safety; do not communicate with anyone you do not know in person and do not download files or open links if they do not know what they are.
Thank you all for your understanding at this time,
Mr R Peet